***APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED***
Thanks for all your interest
If you have found your way here, we can only assume that you are interested in working with us - yay!
SEWING SCHOOL MANAGER
Our sewing school is based at our Islington shop and, when running at full tilt, runs several classes a day, every day of the week.
The school was forced to close in March because of the COVID lockdown but we are excitedly planning to start up again from September with our usual wide range of classes for all levels and abilities. We are seeking a creative, energetic and flexible person to run our busy workshop and co-ordinate our teachers and students.
The role is a maternity cover role for the duration of 1 year.
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: To be agreed
Your responsibilities will include:
Class Calendar and Listings
You will be fully responsible for planning the class calendar in advance which will involve:
- Rescheduling regular classes and adding new classes to the calendar
- Uploading all class listings to the Ray Stitch website - writing in-depth descriptions of class content and including SEO & keywords.
- Organising photography and graphics to maintain high standards of presentation on the website
- Keeping up with trends and popular patterns with a mind to new classes
- Finding new guest teachers to run unique workshops
You will be the main point of contact with our freelance teachers and you will be responsible for:
- Issuing teachers with class dates well ahead of time
- Working together with teachers to design and trial new classes
- Keeping up to date with student/teacher emails & enquiries
- Noting teachers holiday dates, finding cover, and resolving any problems that arise during class
- Organising teachers meetings every quarter
The promoting of classes and workshops is essential and will include:
- Sending monthly newsletters via Mailchimp
- Designing & printing marketing material
- Liaising with our social media manager with content for posts
This is a fantastic opportunity for a sociable person who loves people and sewing in equal measure, can keep a hundred balls in the air, LOVES it when something upsets the plan and relishes solving a problem, is kind and intuitive and willing to accommodate everyone’s needs and timetables.
If you have experience which would enable you to tackle all of the above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with a CV and cover letter; we would love to meet you!
Ray Stitch is an inclusive equal opportunities employer, but unfortunately, our building is not wheelchair accessible.