Named Clothing - Tuuli Bodysuit & Jersey Dress
Two-in-one Tuuli pattern includes a jersey dress with pleated skirt, and a simple bodysuit. They both feature long sleeves and a deep V-neck. The dress is knee-length with facing around the neckline so that the dress fits well, and also pleats for a slinky look. The bodysuit has a practical snap button closure at the crotch, and a centre front seam - so you could even colour block!
Sizes: EUR 32 to 50 (US 0-18, UK 4-22).
Choose a light to mediumweight jersey, with approximately 50% stretch. For the bodysuit, make sure to pick something firm with a good recovery and preferably with some elastane (lycra/spandex). If you want, you can use a heavier jersey for the dress bodice and sleeves, and a lighter jersey for the skirt. This way the skirt won’t be too heavy. The dress sample shown is made of a drapey rayon jersey and the bodysuit sample shown was made in a polyester-blend jersey.
- Fabric for the dress: 245-260cm / 2¾ – 3 yd
- Fabric for the bodysuit: 130 – 150 cm / 1½ – 1¾ yd
- Fabric for the bodysuit’s crotch facing: 25 cm / ¼ yd
- Fusible knit interfacing for the dress: 55 cm / ¾ yd
- Fusible knit interfacing for the bodysuit: 35 cm / ½ yd
- Clear elastic: 25 cm / ¼ yd
- (5 – 7 mm / ¼” elastic for the dress: your waist measurement)
- 3 cm / 1¼” wide knit bias tape for the bodysuit: 120 – 170 cm / 1½ – 2 yd
- Snap button tape for the bodysuit: 6 cm / 2½” (or approx. 2 cm wide, non-stretch ribbon: 12 cm / 5”; and 3 – 4 prong snap buttons)